MANILA, Jan. 23, 2015 — Aiming to bring Christ in the Eucharist closer to young people from all walks of life, the Year of the Poor-inspired Grand Eucharistic Adoration (GEA) 2015 is set on Feb. 7, 4:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Don Bosco Technical College, Mandaluyong City.
This year’s GEA, themed “Christ in the Poor”, aims to encourage young people:
- to grow in solidarity with the Church’s mission during the Year of the Poor
- to genuinely encounter Jesus Christ in the less fortunate, and in His most holy presence in the Blessed Sacrament
According to JC Cornejo, the event’s administration committee head, some 3,000 young people from Salesian communities, particularly in Laguna, Makati, Parañaque, and representatives from parishes within Metro Manila, youth groups, transparochial groups, and religious congregations are expected to attend GEA 2015 entitled “Daop – Isang Katawan, Isa kay Kristo” where a pre-adoration actvity will feature the 8 Beatitudes, placed side by side with “8 nobodies” from the Bible whom Christ encountered.
The focal point of the event is the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament accompanied by prayers in the form of music, liturgy and silence, said Cornejo.
Cornejo explained that GEA 2015, organized by The Don Bosco Days with the Lord Movement, is also inspired by Pope Francis’ questions to young people: Do you think of the poor? Do you feel with the poor? Do you do something for the poor? Do you ask the poor to give you the wisdom they have?
To help defray for some costs of the event, there will be a Php 20.00 registration fee per participant.
Attendees may also pre-register through the link: bit.ly/registergea2015
Interested parties may reach may contact the following for further details:
- Rex Francis B. Coz : 0915-8496599
- Filip Lloi C. Wycoco : 0917-4806606
- Joy E. Sanchez : 0916-4591452
Updates on the event are also available on:
- Facebook : /grandadoration
- Twitter : @grandadoration
- Instagram : @grandadoration E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
(Nirva’ana Ella Delacruz/CBCPNews)